openmolecules.org

Home » DataWarrior » Cheminformatics » Generate 2D atom coordinates gives overlapping atoms
Re: Generate 2D atom coordinates gives overlapping atoms [message #1835 is a reply to message #1831] Fri, 03 February 2023 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
mcmc
Ah, no I didn't. They were either uploaded as SDF (V3000), or as SDF coming out of Chemdraw drawings.
I should also add, I modified the right-hand side from a different fused bicycle, for the purpose of this post. I did not want to disclose the actual molecules we are working on.

Also, the bridged piperazine is treated as substituent in generating the coords. The core (bicycle) is the constant part

I am surprised that this matters, as this module generates new 2D coords. But your observation is interesting, and I'll see if I can tune things a little. Maybe the size/depth of the bridge decides whether the 6- or 5-membered ring gets prioritised.

At any rate, it's a pity that overlapping atoms are generated in the first place, but maybe that's anyway not due to Datawarrior code.

[Updated on: Fri, 03 February 2023 10:57]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Optional automatic protonation feature of Nitrogen in DW using EL
Next Topic: Link to oracle per row
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 17 13:10:04 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00688 seconds