openmolecules.org

Home » DataWarrior » Functionality » macro buildEvolutionaryLibrary from a mac terminal (macro buildEvolutionaryLibrary)
Re: macro buildEvolutionaryLibrary from a mac terminal [message #1628 is a reply to message #1627] Mon, 06 June 2022 17:37 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
thomas is currently offline  thomas
Hi Bruno, thank you for the update. I have experimented a little bit and found that the appbundler, which I use to build the Macintosh DataWarrior application (/Applications/DataWarrior.app/Contents/MacOS/DataWarrior) has a bug, which prevents command line arguments from being passed to the main() function of the DataWarrior Java bytecode. It seems that there is a fork, that solves this issue. I will verify that and possibly use that fork for the next full Macintosh version. For the time being you may use another mechanism to launch DataWarrior from the command line if you have a JRE8 installed. If you don't have one, then I recommend liberica (full version is important, because only that has JavaFX included). If you type 'java -version' in a terminal and if it gives you a version 1.8... then you can use the following to solve your issue, i.e. to run datawarrior with parameters from the command line:

Copy the attached batch file 'datawarrior' to launch the DataWarrior application.
You may need to type and run 'chmod 755 datawarrior' to make the file executable.

Then you may execute the macro with 'datawarrior mymacro.dwam'.

I also attach a working macro file t.dwam in the following. Please notice that the macro exits without a dialog 'Do you want to save...'. I just noticed that it is the forum software that does the funny things to the macro, if you disable SMILIES.

• Attachment: t.dwam
    (Size: 1.21KB, Downloaded 119 times)
  • Attachment: datawarrior
    (Size: 0.46KB, Downloaded 126 times)

[Updated on: Mon, 06 June 2022 17:46]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message