openmolecules.org

Home » DataWarrior » Functionality » Saving 2D-structure with labels
Re: Saving 2D-structure with labels [message #1629 is a reply to message #1624] Mon, 06 June 2022 19:14 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
nbehrnd is currently offline  nbehrnd
Dear Vijay,

lacking access to Windows 11, I'm unable to replicate your findings. Thus, the operation system, or/and the executable of DW specifically released for Windows might contribute to this.

However, because DW* does not provide a progress bar when generating a .png or .svg from the array / structure view, a (perhaps hasty) perception may be anywhere between «the request to export the table wasn't yet launched» and «because of the computational load, the computer froze». In my case, it takes some time i) before an icon about the new file is displayed in the file browser, ii) the CPU monitor records a significant increase in computation, iii) the new file starts to be written, iv) writing all the data into the new file is completed. Do you consider a library of 5k random molecules DW generated a lager one (attached below)? The annotated structure array, exported as .svg is larger than 100 MB; for inkscape, this represents a larger file.

Difficult to tell if a sequential generation of these small illustrations (one frame with one molecular structure & selected description) as individual .png/.svg in a pattern like 001.png, 002.png, 003.png, etc. (or their .svg analogues) would be an advantage for you.

Norwid

*) tested with DW 5.5.0 for Linux including the update by 2022-06-04 in Debian 12/bookworm (branch testing)

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: macro buildEvolutionaryLibrary from a mac terminal