openmolecules.org

Home » DataWarrior » Cheminformatics » Assessing A Machine Learning Method's Predictivity
Re: Assessing A Machine Learning Method's Predictivity [message #1578 is a reply to message #1523] Tue, 05 April 2022 14:56 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
thomas is currently offline  thomas
Hello Christophe,

I don't quite understand the question, but assume, there is a misinterpretation of the result. When you running the analysis, the data set is split into 10 fractions:

1: the oldest 10% of the data
2: the second oldest 10%
10: newest 10%

Then 9 models are generated using 10%, 20%, 30% ... 90% of the data (always the oldest)

Then every model is used to predict the Y value for the oldest fraction, which was not part of the model creation, e.g. for model 1 it is fraction 2, for model 5 it is fraction 6.

Then for all fractions with predicted data (2-10) a correlation graph is shown with predicted versus known Y-values. Graph 'fraction 8', for instance answers the question: If I had used built a model at the time, when I had 70% of the data and if I had used that model to predict Y-values for the next molecules to synthesize, how well would the prediction have been.

Does this explain it or did I misunderstand the question?

Thomas

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: retrosyntheis tools
Next Topic: ChemAxon calculated properties
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 12 19:25:11 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04011 seconds