openmolecules.org

Home » DataWarrior » Bug Reports » Updating Columns with Calculated Values
Updating Columns with Calculated Values [message #1221] Tue, 09 February 2021 16:41 Go to previous message
ELFritzen is currently offline  ELFritzen
I have a number of columns in a DataWarrior containing up to three variables, combining these variables into one column. The expression I use to calculate these values is:

str(if(vendor_1!=0,vendor_1,"NaN")) + str("; ") + str(if(vendor_2!=0,vendor_2,"NaN"))

When I go to update and recalculate these "combined" columns, the columns only recalculate after I change the "Data Type" in each of the variables to either "number" or "automatic", depending on what I see as a data type. So in other words, if the data type in the variable is set to "number", I change the type to "automatic" and then I can recalculate the combined column. If the data type is "automatic", changing it to "number" then recalculating the column works. It's not that critical, as long as I know how to get the calculated values I need. I just wanted to pass this along to see if anyone else has this issue, or if it can be fixed.

Thanks,
Ed

Ed Fritzen

[Updated on: Thu, 11 February 2021 10:57] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Converting COD2020 to SDF
Next Topic: calculated values
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:05:04 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.08329 seconds