openmolecules.org

Home » DataWarrior » Functionality » Similarity analysis using "find similar compounds..." - slow analysis of libraries (Similarity analysis)
Re: Similarity analysis using "find similar compounds..." - slow analysis of libraries [message #1138 is a reply to message #1137] Fri, 27 November 2020 01:35 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
SM2020
Thanks very much Thomas!! - that will be a really useful update. Looking forward to that rolling out soon.

Getting a distribution of molecules within a single file would be great, but comparing 2 discrete files - and plotting a resulting similarity distribution - is more what I was thinking about. In my mind they are slightly different (but I could be mistaken).

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but using your suggestion, could I just put all the cpds into a single file, run the analysis you suggest and then (assuming there is a unique identifier for the cpds - e.g. vendor), use DW to highlight by vendor and then assess the distribution in the resulting histogram? Would this compound selection step be possible (like in other graphical displays in DW)?

I was essentially thinking to keep one library constant (reference) and compare against "other" libraries thereby generating a binned histogram of closet neighbour similarities for each "other" library compared to the reference - one measure of similarity between "other" libraries and a reference library is then gauged by the apparent shift of distributions between (near) 0 and 1.

Either way, I'd like to try both analyses. It's great that DW (will) allow it.

Is there a hard upper limit for the no. of compounds analysed in these ways (i.e. file size, > 16K cpds??Wink or is it driven by available computational resources to carry out the task?

Thanks again for your effort.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Confidentiality of compound structures