openmolecules.org

Home » DataWarrior » Functionality » Similarity analysis using "find similar compounds..." - slow analysis of libraries (Similarity analysis)
Similarity analysis using "find similar compounds..." - slow analysis of libraries [message #1133] Tue, 24 November 2020 12:35 Go to previous message
SM2020
Hi,

I'm carrying out a similarity analysis by comparing x2 cpd libraries (each ~ 16K) using the "find similar compounds in file..." option using the FragFP descriptor. I am selecting a similarity limit cut-off of ~30% (using the slide bar selector).
I want to obtain the nearest neighbour measure for a given library, so nearest neighbour values can be binned and plotted (note: I realise there are other methods for library comparison as well in DW).

The process is taking an extremely long time on my (admittedly) old computer (4-core/8 threads, i7-3615QM, 16GB Ram, MacOS) - > 24 hrs.

With that in mind, a couple of general questions...

1) What improvements (if any) would help in speeding up this process?
Would increasing the accessible RAM help, or am I generally limited by processor speeds for such analyses?

2) What general hardware upgrades and/or software upgrades would you suggest for dramatically speeding up these types of analyses (<< 24 hrs) in DW?
Faster processor/s with more cores/threads? More RAM? Both...? Other...?

Best Wishes and many thanks.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Confidentiality of compound structures