openmolecules.org

Home » DataWarrior » Functionality » Managing Columns
Managing Columns [message #1060] Sat, 29 August 2020 17:17 Go to previous message
ELFritzen is currently offline  ELFritzen
I'm looking for some tips to help me manage columns in Datawarrior. I've been maintaining our small corporate database using Datawarrior for almost a year now tracking molecules' structure, ADME data, and biological activity. Eventhough I have tried to only add the most important and relevant data in columns, I still have a large number of columns. I've written macros to display selected columns which helps in displaying subsets of the data. There are so many columns, that they all cannot be displayed when right clicking on a column header. This is a problem, especially using a laptop computer, since I can't right click on a column header to select a column that might be hidden because the contextual menu is much larger than the screen and can't display all the hidden columns. I can't scroll to the hidden column that I might want to display. Is there a way around this? Is there a limit to the number of columns one can have in a Datawarrior file? I would think that this would be a big problem with some much larger corporate databases. My current Datawarrior file contains 246 molecules and 63 columns of data. I could create smaller Datawarrior files with only selected data, but it's easier to maintain one 'master' file which contains all the data in one file. I'd be interested in any tips on how others manage this.

Thanks,
Ed Fritzen

Ed Fritzen

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Remove 'abs' and other chiral center labels in structure depiction
Next Topic: Lilly Medchem Rules
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 01:22:53 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04271 seconds