openmolecules.org

Home » DataWarrior » Functionality » LLE column doesn't update with new compound data
Re: LLE column doesn't update with new compound data [message #282 is a reply to message #276] Fri, 02 June 2017 22:41 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
thomas is currently offline  thomas
Hi Christoph,

DataWarrior has no mechanism to automatically update cell content that was originally derived from other cell content. If I started that, this could get easily very complex and chaotic, because editing a structure might then change computed properties, which in turn could trigger changes on derived columns. SAR tables, chemical space plots, SOMs, custering results, ..., would all require an automatic update after adding or changing some rows. To be consistent I would need to update everything and not just SMILES columns. DataWarrior would then be another program. For some time I thought about giving individual columns an 'automatic update' status, but even that would have lots of consequences. Finally, I dropped the idea. Again I suggest to create a small macro deleting the SMILES column and re-creating it.

Hope you can live without it.

Best wishes, Thomas

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Rendering structures from SMILES
Next Topic: Option to freeze columns and rows.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 06 03:14:49 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03645 seconds