openmolecules.org

Home » DataWarrior » Bug Reports » Error when calculating largest fragment from macro
Error when calculating largest fragment from macro [message #2159] Tue, 16 April 2024 11:59 Go to next message
wsmts is currently offline  wsmts
Hi,

When I try to extract the largest fragment of a structure via a macro I get the following error message:
java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke "javax.swing.JComboBox.getSelectedlndexO" because "this.mComboBoxExtractFragment" is null
/forum/index.php?t=getfile&id=826&private=0

Calculating the largest fragment via the menu works fine. It's only when I run the calculation from a macro.
(example file w/ macro attached)

I'm using v6.1.3 on windows 10.
Is this just my installation or can you replicate the error? [or am i missing something?]

Best,

--
Wim

Re: Error when calculating largest fragment from macro [message #2160 is a reply to message #2159] Tue, 16 April 2024 21:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nbehrnd is currently offline  nbehrnd
Hello Wim,

affirmative, I'm able to replicate your observation with DW 6.1.3 in Linux Debian. Initially, I presumed the cause would be to carry both the data, as well as the macro in one file and hence wrote a separate macro file (largest_fragment.dwam, attached in the .zip archive below) to process a small library of random molecules (Macro -> Import Macro, then Macro -> Run Macro -> largest_fragment [note the underscore]). However no, I encounter the same observation as reported by you with either approach. It still is possible to launch the extraction manually (Chemistry -> From Chemical Structure -> Extract Fragment).

The issue possibly does not affect everything; processing the same library to assign Hill formula and molecular mass (Hill_formula_and_mass.dwam) worked just fine.

Perhaps helpful for Thomas, the first attempt to update DW to version 06.01.03 briefly yielded the note of a mismatch of the update package by the md5sum check though «now» DW reports a splash screen which isn't out of the anticipated pattern.

Norwid

[Updated on: Tue, 16 April 2024 21:54]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Error when calculating largest fragment from macro [message #2169 is a reply to message #2160] Mon, 22 April 2024 10:52 Go to previous message
thomas is currently offline  thomas
Hi Wim and Norvid,

many thanks for reporting and confirming. I have fixed the issue. The fix will be part of the next automatic update.

Thomas
Previous Topic: Some Recent Problems I've encountered
Next Topic: Asses Prediction Quality bug
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 19:59:23 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05803 seconds