openmolecules.org

Home » DataWarrior » Functionality » the font size of GUI (font size)
icon3.gif  the font size of GUI [message #2060] Sun, 31 December 2023 02:52 Go to next message
albumns is currently offline  albumns
Hello,
I have a high resolution laptop and I noticed that the font size of openmolecules' GUI is extremely small. It is very difficult to read.
I am just wondering is it possible to increase the interface font size of openmolecules?
Thank you very much.
Re: the font size of GUI [message #2062 is a reply to message #2060] Sun, 31 December 2023 12:37 Go to previous message
thomas is currently offline  thomas
I assume, you use v6.0.0? The recognition of the screen resolution and predefined GUI-scaling is different for the three operating systems. On Macintosh DataWarrior should be able to recognize, whether the screen is a retina display and increase scaling by a factor of 2 in that case. On Windows, it should recognize the physical screen resolution in dpi (pixel/inch). Then it scales fonts and user interface elements by the dpi value divided by 96. On Linux it uses the shell command 'xrdb -q' expecting to report a 'Xft.dpi:' as result. If for some reason the determination of the screen resolution fails for Windows or Linux, the applied scaling factor is 1.0, which means that high-dpi monitors will see to small windows, fonts and UI elements.

The solution is: DataWarrior v6.0.0 on Windows and Linux has an option in the 'Help' menu to change the scaling factor from 'Default' to certain values from 1.0 to 2.0. When restarting DataWarrior it will use the new setting.

Alternatively, on Linux or MacOS you can also provide a 'dpifactor' as JRE option to the script that starts the DataWarrior application. For that on Macintosh you have to add a line like '<string>-Ddpifactor=1.5</string>' to the Info.plist file in '/Applications/DataWarrior.app/Contents'. On Linux you would need to add '-Ddpifactor=1.5' to the last line of the '/opt/datawarrior/datawarrior' shell script just fefore or after the other '-D...' option.
Previous Topic: is there a way to continue a macro file on a saved file?
Next Topic: Bypass "Maximum number of open filters reached." message on file open?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 03 01:17:43 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04656 seconds