openmolecules.org

Home » DataWarrior » Functionality » Add reaction from structure
icon7.gif  Add reaction from structure [message #1882] Fri, 28 April 2023 03:18 Go to next message
yrin0878 is currently offline  yrin0878
Hi I'm beginner of datawarrior.
It is a good software to analyze chemical data.
But I have a problem.

I have over 100 building blocks, and I want to add a same reaction to all that building blocks.
But when I'm trying to add a reaction, I have to make a reaction column then, draw the reaction to each structures.
This takes too long time Sad

Can I apply one reaction to that all structures?
Tell me the way to deal with this problem.

Thank you
Re: Add reaction from structure [message #1885 is a reply to message #1882] Sat, 29 April 2023 14:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thomas is currently offline  thomas
I assume you are just interested in the product structures. Then, you can do one of two things:

- Choose "Chemistry->Enumerate Combinatorial Library", then draw the reaction using one substructure
on the reactant side that matches to all your reactants. Draw the modified product and make sure,
all atoms that exist in both, reactant and product, are properly mapped (see image).
Go to the 'Reactants' panel. Where ist says "<to add compounds..." make a right mouse click, select
"Add From File...", select you reactant file, click 'Open' and then 'OK'. This creates a new Window
with the product structures.
/forum/index.php?t=getfile&id=688&private=0

- Faster, but a little less flexible would be using 'Edit->Find And Replace' as in the image below
/forum/index.php?t=getfile&id=690&private=0
  • Attachment: temp1.png
    (Size: 14.51KB, Downloaded 228 times)
  • Attachment: temp2.png
    (Size: 39.37KB, Downloaded 247 times)
Re: Add reaction from structure [message #1895 is a reply to message #1885] Wed, 10 May 2023 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yrin0878 is currently offline  yrin0878
Thank you.

But I have one more question about the combinatorial library.

I want to make a library using "peptide coupling".

Reactants are -NR2 and -COOH.

Do I need to make a three libraries for -NR2, -NHR and -NH2 ?

Is there any way to enumerate combinatorial lib. only once?
Re: Add reaction from structure [message #1901 is a reply to message #1895] Mon, 22 May 2023 21:24 Go to previous message
thomas is currently offline  thomas
I assume that -NR2 results in -C(=O)-N(+)R2- and the the other two lead to an amid loosing one hydrogen?
In that case the generic reaction of these two cases is different. Therefore, you need to define a two
different generic reactions, ideally use atom query features to define amine reactants specifically in each case.
Then you can use the same reactant library for both cases, because the generic reactant only uses the matching ones.
Afterwards you can merge both files.

If you need to repeat the procedure many times with different amine or acid sets, then you may define a macro that runs
both enumerations, one after the other, saving the results of each and merging them afterwards.
Previous Topic: showing variable txt/values at "showMessage" macros
Next Topic: Calculating similarity to one query compound
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 02 17:05:05 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04040 seconds