openmolecules.org

Home » DataWarrior » Functionality » histograms 2D view (Requesting addition of an option to generate histograms (i.e. MW vs count))
histograms 2D view [message #1775] Wed, 23 November 2022 00:29 Go to next message
P_Fitz
At present the options for chart types that I can see are scatter, whisker, box, and pie. I have a list of molecules with their structures in one column, molecular weight in another. I would like to be able to generate a plot that is the molecular weight on the x axis, and count on the y axis, where count is the number of molecules in a specific bin (i.e. 150-160 Da).

Current options allow me to make a whisker plot, which is useful for smaller data sets, but I'd like a bit more of a summary plot for larger data sets.

As always, thanks for continuing to support/improve datawarrior.
Re: histograms 2D view [message #1776 is a reply to message #1775] Thu, 24 November 2022 19:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thomas is currently offline  thomas
Data->Add Bins From Numbers...
Select Molweight; Bin Size 10; Select something meaningful for First Bin; OK
Create a new 2D-View, Set Preferred Chart Type to 'Bar Chart' and select on 'XY' on the X-Axis
Re: histograms 2D view [message #1872 is a reply to message #1776] Thu, 09 March 2023 01:34 Go to previous message
P_Fitz
Oh cool! This does what I want it to. Thank you. This is good to know how to do.
Previous Topic: Calculate number of dates between 2 dates
Next Topic: HBD/HBA
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:28:18 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.08423 seconds