openmolecules.org

Home » DataWarrior » Functionality » bar graph Murcko Skeleton and count (file size issue perhaps)
bar graph Murcko Skeleton and count [message #1751] Thu, 13 October 2022 21:46 Go to next message
khom
Dear fellow users,
I am trying to plot a bar graph with the Murcko Ring systems (Chemistry --> Analyze Scaffold --> Murcko Skeleton) on the x-axis and with the number of molecules belonging to a particular ring system as the value for the vertical bars. The scheme I used with a file of 97 entries worked, but failed for a file with 2000 entries. The error message was: "A bar chart is not shown because an axis is assigned to a column that does not contain categories". My troubleshooting attempt of excluding the entries without a Murcko Skeleton did not succeed; however, reducing the number of entries to about 200 worked. Is this a (my) computer issue ? Thank you.
Re: bar graph Murcko Skeleton and count [message #1753 is a reply to message #1751] Fri, 14 October 2022 19:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thomas is currently offline  thomas
Dear Khom,

the number of allowed categories in a bar (and pie) chart is limited to 256. This does not depend on your computer's resources. It was a design decision because depicting thousands of bars is simply not possible. One could argue to increase the limit. And admittedly, the error message is misleading...

Thomas
Re: bar graph Murcko Skeleton and count [message #1754 is a reply to message #1753] Wed, 19 October 2022 16:56 Go to previous message
khom
Dear Thomas,
Thank you for your quick response. My original goal of plotting the frequencies of a structure in a bar graph for a large dataset, is not efficient at all. Upon searching the DataWarrior forum (which is what I should have done initially), I learned that I should first calculate the frequency with the function frequencyInCategory("PlateID","Murcko"), and then display the results in a scatter plot. I was able to display the frequency of interest for over 3000 Murcko structures AND still get a readable information, as in attached. Thank you to you and fellow warriors.
Previous Topic: Feature Request
Next Topic: Generate tautomers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 16:38:19 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03414 seconds