openmolecules.org

Home » DataWarrior » Installation Issues » Datawarrior does not open in win10 (installation issue)
Datawarrior does not open in win10 [message #1509] Wed, 16 February 2022 08:23 Go to next message
anna_sun is currently offline  anna_sun
Hi Thomas,

I have installed the newest version of DW from the download webpage (MD5 checked).

It is installed without any error. But when I double-clicked the icon, nothing happened. I tried to start it from the command, but no error message was given. I have also checked java version. Nothing seems to be wrong. I just installed this OS last week, so I don't have any other virus-defender apps except the Microsoft firewall itself. Is there any solution?
Re: Datawarrior does not open in win10 [message #1510 is a reply to message #1509] Wed, 16 February 2022 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thomas is currently offline  thomas
It looks like DataWarrior is prevented from starting, either by the OS itself or by some security software.

Although I have never seen that with the DataWarrior installation, please try this: Open the Properties window of DataWarrior.exe and check if you see an unlock checkbox somewhere at the right bottom of the dialog, which you need to select to allow this file to be executed.
Re: Datawarrior does not open in win10 [message #1511 is a reply to message #1510] Wed, 16 February 2022 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anna_sun is currently offline  anna_sun
Hi Thomas,

Thank you very much for your reply. It works fine now. It seems to be a Java common problem. I installed the 64-bit Java 8. And I have to manually add the Java \bin file path to the top of the OS environment path.

I think some OS could probably raise a warning like 'could not find java.dll', but mine didn't. So it took me some time to figure out what is the issue. But anyway, it works fine now! Thank you for this amazing software.

Anna
Re: Datawarrior does not open in win10 [message #1512 is a reply to message #1511] Thu, 17 February 2022 08:40 Go to previous message
nbehrnd is currently offline  nbehrnd
Hello Anna,

because the download page[1] states

«All installers on this side include the Liberica OpenJRE 8_282 from BellSoft. Thus, there is no need to install any Java software yourself.»

possibly DataWarrior uses /this/ Java runtime without regard if there is an other already present and typically used (e.g., openjdk[2] in Linux Debian) ahead of DataWarrior's installation, or not.

Norwid

[1] https://openmolecules.org/datawarrior/download.html
[2] https://openjdk.java.net/
Previous Topic: DataWarrior won't start
Next Topic: if my PC do not install office, how can we install datawarrior and initiate it?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 01:27:33 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04007 seconds