openmolecules.org

Home » DataWarrior » Bug Reports » Incorrect dearomatization of indazole structures (DataWarrior auto dearomatization of SDF indazole structures results in incorrect kekule form structures)
Incorrect dearomatization of indazole structures [message #1444] Tue, 30 November 2021 11:48 Go to next message
Andrievs is currently offline  Andrievs
I am having issues with SD files where the structure is an indazole superstructure.
I have attached a SD-file as examples with 3 structures.

The problem is that during the dearomatization process DataWarrior incorrectly places the double bonds resulting in a formation of s stereocenter.

See attached image for visual differences.
/forum/index.php?t=getfile&id=482&private=0

Is there a way to have the dearomatization be done correctly with out using additional software?

P.s. I am using DataWarrior version 5.5.0

Sincerely, Andrievs
Re: Incorrect dearomatization of indazole structures [message #1445 is a reply to message #1444] Tue, 30 November 2021 14:53 Go to previous message
thomas is currently offline  thomas
Hi Andrievs,

Your SD-File includes a non-standard Marvin extension that is not understood by DataWarrior: MRV_IMPLICIT_H
Marvin uses that feature to define explicit hydrogen atoms, which usually is not needed, because molfiles
usually are in a kekulized form. If, however, molfiles just contain bonds marked to be aromatic, the Kekulizer needs more information, if multiple potentially protonated nitrogen atoms are present. Standard molfiles simply don't have a place to store that information. The only way to make your SD-files compatible would be to extend DataWarrior's molfile parser to support Marvin's non-standard extentions.

Hope this explains it, Thomas
Previous Topic: Choosing X-Y Axes in 2D Views
Next Topic: get similar molecules from Chembl active
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 16:23:55 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.06717 seconds