openmolecules.org

Home » DataWarrior » Functionality » fewer digits when hovering over plots
fewer digits when hovering over plots [message #1348] Thu, 22 July 2021 11:36 Go to next message
mcmc
See attached image. Would be nice if the number of digits there would be either
* reduced to max 3, or,
* follow the rounding that can be specified in the respective columns

The current number of digits makes little scientific sense, makes it harder to quickly grasp the values, and clutters the window.

(I realise this is a nice to have, but it would help my eternal battle to free the world of useless digits Smile Wink
Re: fewer digits when hovering over plots [message #1352 is a reply to message #1348] Thu, 22 July 2021 22:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nbehrnd is currently offline  nbehrnd
If the representation of numerical results is revised, I would welcome if the data were presented in a fixed precision which might be user defined (e.g., f8.4). Present computations look like decimals are dropped if not leading .and. equal to zero. As an example, a set of random molecules with clogP:

/forum/index.php?t=getfile&id=395&private=0

This actually points to the question, does DW internally perform the computations at single / double precision (if there is such an equivalent of Fortran's parlance in Java)?

Norwid
  • Attachment: decimals.png
    (Size: 31.29KB, Downloaded 314 times)
Re: fewer digits when hovering over plots [message #1374 is a reply to message #1352] Thu, 19 August 2021 19:08 Go to previous message
thomas is currently offline  thomas
no discussion needed: I now changed the code to use the rounding settings from the table. Will be in the next dev update...

DataWarrior uses single and double precision (float or double) for calculations. This depends on location and whether amount of data used. For very large data precision is reduced for the sake of smaller memory footprints.
Previous Topic: Feature Request: Load/write gzipped files
Next Topic: SQL Connection
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:49:52 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.08354 seconds