openmolecules.org

Home » DataWarrior » Functionality » SQL Connection
SQL Connection [message #1333] Sun, 04 July 2021 19:29 Go to next message
alienke is currently offline  alienke
Hi Thomas,

it is possible to login into a SQL database with windows authentification, i.e. via Active Directory?

Best wishes

Achim
Re: SQL Connection [message #1337 is a reply to message #1333] Thu, 08 July 2021 21:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thomas is currently offline  thomas
Hi Achim,

if the driver is managing that under the hood, but I doubt it. To my knowledge you need a user-ID and password.

Thomas
Re: SQL Connection [message #1372 is a reply to message #1337] Mon, 16 August 2021 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alienke is currently offline  alienke
Hi Thomas,

thanks for the superfast answer. Let me be a bit more specific:

With MS SQL Server you can grant rights to users of a window domain (active directory) or to user that are fully managed within SQL Server, i.e. including password etc.

So far I can only connect datawarrior with user credentials that are completely managed on the server, not the once from active directory. Ideally of course is single sign on, but logging in with password would be sufficient. What I want to avoid is an additional user management.

How do you do user authentification within Idorsia, when you retrieve data from an SQL database? Do you manage users within the database server or do you make use of windows credentials?

Thanks

Achim
Re: SQL Connection [message #1375 is a reply to message #1372] Thu, 19 August 2021 20:01 Go to previous message
thomas is currently offline  thomas
Hi Achim,

at Idorsia, Windows only is not an option. Some people use Linux or even MacOS. They also need to log into the database, which is Oracle in our case. We use Oracle based user accounting and Oracle Roles to assign access rights.

Thomas
Previous Topic: fewer digits when hovering over plots
Next Topic: Freeze panes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:08:04 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.08341 seconds