openmolecules.org

Home » DataWarrior » Functionality » keep sequence of row list
keep sequence of row list [message #1290] Thu, 13 May 2021 21:08 Go to next message
Christian is currently offline  Christian
Dear Thomas,
I really like the row list feature.
Is it somehow possible to keep the sequence of a row list that has been imported e.g. from the clipboard rather than being sorted?
Moving rows or tiles freely in the table and structures view to a sequence of choice and saving/retrieving the sequence in row lists would be a great feature. I've seen workarounds by introducing a sort column but it's rather cumbersome to manually enter sort numbers and and for different views / row lists, an additional sort column needs to be introduced
Thanks,
Christian
Re: keep sequence of row list [message #1301 is a reply to message #1290] Mon, 24 May 2021 12:15 Go to previous message
thomas is currently offline  thomas
Dear Christian,

list membership is a binary feature, which means that there is no sort order. Thinkable would be to sort the table when creating a list from clipboard or text file according to the identifier order in the input list. Nevertheless, the created row list would not contain the sort order in any way. One would need a add row numbers to store the order in a new column.

Currently, one cannot manually change the row order by just dragging rows around in table or structure view. I presume that such a feature could be added with a limited effort, but would probably be unpractical for larger files even with autoscrolling enabled when dragging.

Thomas
Previous Topic: missing entry tautobase
Next Topic: freeze columns, free sorting of rows
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:30:11 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.08264 seconds