openmolecules.org

Home » DataWarrior » Bug Reports » Generating 2D Coords does not work with 3D structures (Generating 2D Coordinates)
Generating 2D Coords does not work with 3D structures [message #1244] Mon, 08 March 2021 11:56 Go to next message
richards99 is currently offline  richards99
It seems that when I what to regenerate 2D coordinates for structures from Chemistry/Generate 2D Coordinates, and provide a Substructure to align too, this does not seem to work if the structures already have 3D coordinates.

Workaround currently, is I generated SMILES of these structures, do Name to Structure, and then generate 2D coordinates on these.

Simon.
Re: Generating 2D Coords does not work with 3D structures [message #1246 is a reply to message #1244] Tue, 09 March 2021 17:20 Go to previous message
thomas is currently offline  thomas
Thank you. There was an issue of not applying a template's 2d-atom-coordinates, if the template consisted of the same atoms that were later automatically discovered as part of a fragment coordinate rule within the coordinate inventor (e.g. a ring or a connecting chain. This is now fixed in the current development version. If you still have issues, please send me a reproducible example. Whether 3D-coordinates exist should not make a difference.

Thomas
Previous Topic: Undo function
Next Topic: Merge Structure Error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 07:59:36 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03682 seconds