openmolecules.org

Home » DataWarrior » Functionality » Column Order
Column Order [message #1182] Mon, 21 December 2020 16:41 Go to next message
ELFritzen is currently offline  ELFritzen
Thank you Thomas for all the recent upgrades to the functionality of DataWarrior. I find grouping columns and displaying column groups very useful. I also like the ability to order the columns. I've noticed that once you order the columns to your liking, the new order is saved with the DataWarrior file, and when the file is re-opened, that order is maintained. I also noticed that the new column order is not reflected in the "Change Column Order" dialog box. To make minor adjustments to the "new" column order shown in the open DataWarrior file, one has to start completely from scratch to reorder the columns the way one wants. Is this something that can be implemented or not? It seems that the column order shown in the "Change Column Order" dialog box is fixed and can't be changed.

Thanks for all you do.

Ed Fritzen

Ed Fritzen
Re: Column Order [message #1187 is a reply to message #1182] Wed, 13 January 2021 20:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thomas is currently offline  thomas
thank you Ed for pointing this out. It slipped my attention. Of course, the initial order of the 'Change Column Order' dialog should reflect the visible order of columns and not the native one of the dataset. I have fixed this and also improved the logic concerning hidden columns. The table keeps track of column positions when they are hidden such that they appear at the position where they have been, when they were hidden. If columns are rearranged before showing a hidden column, then the order of all displayable columns is not fully specified. Files used to store only the positions of visible columns. Now also the (re-appear) positions of hidden columns is stored as well.
Re: Column Order [message #1192 is a reply to message #1187] Wed, 20 January 2021 16:19 Go to previous message
ELFritzen is currently offline  ELFritzen
Thank you, Thomas. This is great.

Ed

Ed Fritzen
Previous Topic: Column Resorting Tool
Next Topic: 2D coordinates in the template
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 23:47:29 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.08518 seconds