openmolecules.org

Home » DataWarrior » Functionality » .dwar file is not recognized
.dwar file is not recognized [message #1022] Fri, 31 July 2020 21:05 Go to next message
mike@reverielabs.com is currently offline  mike@reverielabs.com
I'm having a weird bug where a .dwar file no longer opens correctly. The format seems to be correct, but instead of opening as a data warrior file it seems to be opening it like a text file.

the file begins like this

<datawarrior-fileinfo>
<version="3.3">
<created="1596147018045">
<rowcount="68">
</datawarrior-fileinfo>
<column properties>

and ends like this

<structureGridColumn_Structure of SMILES="Structure of SMILES">
<structureGridColumns_Structure of SMILES="6">
</datawarrior properties>

but when I try to re-open it in DW, I get "> for the only column name, and a bunch of nonsense like

<columnProperty="formula

in the cells, like it is trying to read the .dwar file as a text file. This is on a Mac. Thanks

Re: .dwar file is not recognized [message #1023 is a reply to message #1022] Sun, 02 August 2020 18:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thomas is currently offline  thomas
If a formula is created in version 5.2.1 and if the formula ends with a new-line character, which easily happens, then the new-line char is not removed when the formula is written into the column properties section of the dwar file.
This causes DataWarrior wrongly to take the "> as header line. If you open your dwar file in a text editor,
put the cursor at the beginning of the "> line, press once the 'delete backwards' button and save, your file
should work again.
The current development version encodes new-lines in formulas, such that is does not happen anymore.
Re: .dwar file is not recognized [message #1026 is a reply to message #1023] Mon, 03 August 2020 14:47 Go to previous message
mike@reverielabs.com is currently offline  mike@reverielabs.com
Thank you Thomas! That solved the issue
Previous Topic: Can calculated columns be saved in template files
Next Topic: Tagging Data to a Particular Assay
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 03:11:52 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05411 seconds