openmolecules.org

Home » DataWarrior » Functionality » Can calculated columns be saved in template files
Can calculated columns be saved in template files [message #1021] Fri, 31 July 2020 16:51 Go to next message
mike@reverielabs.com is currently offline  mike@reverielabs.com
When I load a set of data and then create calculated columns, and save the result as a template, if I load a new set of data (with the same column structure), and then load the template, the columns will be set to new aliases properly but I can't re-create the calculated columns. Is there a way to do this? Thank you, mike
Re: Can calculated columns be saved in template files [message #1024 is a reply to message #1021] Sun, 02 August 2020 18:58 Go to previous message
thomas is currently offline  thomas
A template does not know how individual columns were created, while dwar files store formulas in the column property section to be re-applied in case the data changes or rows are appended.

You may use a macro to calculate columns. If it first deletes previously calculated columns (in case they exist) and then freshly calculates them from scratch, then such a macro can be used no matter, whether or not the data already the columns to be calculated.
Previous Topic: Molecule style & color
Next Topic: .dwar file is not recognized
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 23:07:47 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03297 seconds