openmolecules.org

Home » DataWarrior » Bug Reports » Enabling filter/plot views (Issues with creating new filters, viewing filters, viewing plots)
Enabling filter/plot views [message #708] Tue, 26 November 2019 19:22 Go to next message
P_Fitz
I am using Data warrior 5.0 on Mac running High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G65).

I seem to have issues applying filters to data. There may be multiple separate issues, but I am not sure.

For a small file (200 compound) I at some point closed the filters panel, and can't seem to get it back. I have tried edit>enable all filters and nothing happens. The area where the filters usually appear at the right remains blank. I have similar issues if I close plotting windows and later want to view plots of data. If I close a plot, how do I get it back?

The other issue I have occurs with a larger file (30,000 compound supplier catalog). I can see some preset filters, but the edit> add new filter returns uncaught exception -1.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Patrick
Re: Enabling filter/plot views [message #709 is a reply to message #708] Thu, 28 November 2019 22:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thomas is currently offline  thomas
Hi Patrick,

You should always be able to add new filters with "Edit->New Filter...". If this results in an exception, then there must be a bug, most likely connected to some issues in the data file, because I am not aware of this problem. Or your datawarrior.jar file is damaged.

New views can always be created with a right mouse click (on Macs without a right mouse button a ctrl-mouse-click should do it) on any view title bar, which is the typically blue or gray bar on top of any view. If there is no view, then a right mouse click in the empty view area does the same.

I suggest that you download the newest DataWarrior beta patch files from openmolecules.org/datawarrior/dw500x.zip, open the archive and move the files into /Applications/DataWarrior.app/Contents/Java/ (to open the DataWarrior application folder, make a right mouse click on it and select 'Show Package Contents'Wink. If you still get the uncaught exception, then I would be glad, if you could send me the data file with exact instructions of how to reproduce the error. In this case I would fix it quickly, because the next major update is due by the end of the year.

Hope this helps and thanks in advance, Thomas
Re: Enabling filter/plot views [message #710 is a reply to message #709] Mon, 02 December 2019 19:11 Go to previous message
P_Fitz
Thanks for the response. I did download the latest version and no longer have issues.
Previous Topic: Version 5.0 does not open file with 2 columns of SMILES
Next Topic: DW 5.0 Enumerate library reactant selection disabled
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 02:16:14 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.08345 seconds