openmolecules.org

Home » DataWarrior » Functionality » Difference between "selecting" a row and making a row "current"
Difference between "selecting" a row and making a row "current" [message #702] Fri, 08 November 2019 17:56 Go to next message
ELFritzen is currently offline  ELFritzen
I'm new to DataWarrior and have a quick question. Can someone explain the difference between selecting a row in DataWarrior and making a row the current row? How does one undo, making a current row? The user manual is not very clear on how to do either of these functions. Both are described in the User Manual as being done with "mouse clicks", but nothing specific is mentioned.

Thanks!
Ed

Ed Fritzen
Re: Difference between "selecting" a row and making a row "current" [message #703 is a reply to message #702] Fri, 08 November 2019 21:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thomas is currently offline  thomas
The 'Current row' (called 'Reference Row' soon) and selected rows serve different purposes in DataWarrior. With selected rows you may, for instance, do these things:
- copy them
- delete them
- create a new row list from them, etc
In graphical views you select rows by moving the mouse to a point, pressing the button, dragging the mouse around some markers and release the button. The surrounded markers change color to indicate that they are selected. In the table or structure view you click (press and release the mouse) one row and then shift-click another one. All rows from the first to the other row are selected indicated by a selection colored background.

The Current row is defined with a single mouse click (press and release) onto a marker (graphical views), structure (structure view) or row number (table view). The row then is drawn in red (graphical views) or with a red frame (table and structure view). The form view always shows the 'Current Row'. This row serves as a reference row, e.g. when a structure similarity is assigned to an axis in a graphical view or used to color markers. In this case, if a current row exists, then the structural similarities are calculated to all other rows and these rows' marker colors adapted to reflect the similarity values. The interesting thing is that this is dynamic: When clicking another marker, then all similarities to the new current row are calculated and all colors are updated (or positions change if similarity is assigned to an axis).
The next update will allow you to automatically superpose a reference conformer (the current row) to others, e.g. to compare docked ligands with the natural inhibitor.

Now comes the tricky answer: Unselecting the current row in the table view is not possible, because there is no unused area to click at. In the structure view you may click ate the gray area after scrolling down (if it exists). But graphical views allow you to click into any empty location to un-set the current row. This also unselects any rows.

This also may be useful: To find the corresponding table row for a given marker in a graphical view: click the marker (make it the current row), then click on the top left button in the table view (the one with the red rectangle). This scrolls the table to the position of the current row.

I hope this explains it...

Thomas
Re: Difference between "selecting" a row and making a row "current" [message #704 is a reply to message #703] Sat, 09 November 2019 17:23 Go to previous message
ELFritzen is currently offline  ELFritzen
Thanks for the explanation. I think I understand this now. I appreciate your reply.

Ed

Ed Fritzen
Previous Topic: Oracle 12c Uppercase Username
Next Topic: Coloring a single cell
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 19:28:01 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04311 seconds