openmolecules.org

Home » DataWarrior » Functionality » line or bar chart representation in 3D view (bar chart)
line or bar chart representation in 3D view [message #609] Fri, 23 August 2019 04:45 Go to next message
dongkeke is currently offline  dongkeke

Hi Thomas,

The data format is like this: x is a series of different tags, y is another series of different tags, z is the counts coresponding with x and y.

Now I would like to display line or bar for z, which is perpendicular to the plane of x and y. But I don't know how to get this kind of figure.

Is there the feature?

Best wishes

Kelly

Dong_Keke
Re: line or bar chart representation in 3D view [message #614 is a reply to message #609] Sat, 24 August 2019 00:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thomas is currently offline  thomas
Hi Kelly,

like this?

X Y Z
A C 4
B C 2
A D 3
B D 1

index.php?t=getfile&id=87&private=0

This would be x and y on axes, third axis unassigned, preferred chart type: bars with size by mean of z

Does this answer your question?

Thomas
  • Attachment: t.png
    (Size: 45.15KB, Downloaded 558 times)
Re: line or bar chart representation in 3D view [message #619 is a reply to message #614] Thu, 29 August 2019 06:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Thanks Thomas.

I have tried and it works for this example.

But when I used other data which have more than 1000 lines, it just displayed dots. Is there a limit for the data size?

Dong_Keke
Re: line or bar chart representation in 3D view [message #624 is a reply to message #619] Fri, 06 September 2019 19:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thomas is currently offline  thomas
Hi Kelly,

the limitation is that you need to assign categories to two axes and if there are more than 256 categories in a column, that column cannot be used for this purpose. The third column must be 'unassigned'. Otherwise you get a 3D-scatter plot. Realistically, if you have more than 256 categories, the bars won't be recognizable anymore. The following picture shows 100 by 100 bars:

index.php?t=getfile&id=96&private=0
  • Attachment: t.jpeg
    (Size: 181.77KB, Downloaded 624 times)
Re: line or bar chart representation in 3D view [message #625 is a reply to message #624] Wed, 11 September 2019 05:14 Go to previous message

OK, Thank you for your reply!

Dong_Keke
Previous Topic: background colour in structure editor
Next Topic: New feature request: Merging files with duplicate keys
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 22:31:50 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04669 seconds