openmolecules.org

Home » DataWarrior » Bug Reports » Uncaught Exception: null
Uncaught Exception: null [message #386] Mon, 17 September 2018 21:32 Go to next message
Christoph is currently offline  Christoph
Dear Thomas,

sometimes when I delete columns or rename name, I get null errors (see attachment). Sometimes a few dozens, sometimes apparently infinitely many...

I then have to kill the program, and all changes are lost.

But I cannot really reproduce the problem with a small test file, there I have no problems.

Best wishes,
Christoph

Re: Uncaught Exception: null [message #388 is a reply to message #386] Tue, 25 September 2018 15:14 Go to previous message
thomas is currently offline  thomas
Dear Christoph,

an uncaught exception is an exception somewhere in the code, where DataWarrior doesn't expect things to go wrong and has no specific error handling. Therefore, it is hard to predict what could be the problem, especially when it happens after column deletion, because then a cascade of things happen due to updated column indexes for many columns. It is strange that I didn't get similar reports from others. Maybe you do something unusual with some of the columns that are on the right side of the deleted ones (rare filters, use them in a view for rare purposes?Wink.

Can you reproduce the problem with your large files? Or is it erratic?

Thomas
Previous Topic: Chrial drawn structures in dwar / sdf different
Next Topic: Trying to build OpenChemLib
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 11:01:32 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.07684 seconds