openmolecules.org

Home » DataWarrior » Functionality » Feature request: Opening Files (Feature Request)
Feature request: Opening Files [message #924] Sat, 30 May 2020 23:32 Go to next message
richards99 is currently offline  richards99
Hi,
When importing an SDF with lots of columns, it populates all the possible filter list, and then complains the filter list is full when opening.
Then when looking at the data if you try to create a row list it can't because there are too many filters.
It would be useful if it does not try and fill up all the filters with the columns when loading a file.

Thanks,

Simon.
Re: Feature request: Opening Files [message #935 is a reply to message #924] Tue, 02 June 2020 20:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nbehrnd is currently offline  nbehrnd
Hi Simon,

may you provide a minimal test .dwar file to determine where the critical threshold number of filters
is which leads to your observation?

Norwid
Re: Feature request: Opening Files [message #944 is a reply to message #935] Sun, 07 June 2020 20:16 Go to previous message
thomas is currently offline  thomas
Hi Simon,

for me it seems that the automatic filter creation is more useful than a burden. And removing all filters can be done easily with one mouse click from the edit menu. Or you may remove less useful individual filters to allow for lists and other filters. Admittedly, the once in a while one hits the limit of open filters.Currently, we have 64 row flags, which are used primarily for filters, but also for list membership and row selection. This number could be increased, but it would cost performance and add some programming complexity. Till now I am hesitating to pay the price for potentially more filters and lists. If there is a common wish for more filters, I might rethink...

Thomas
Previous Topic: Bug: Structure Filter
Next Topic: Feature Request: Reference List Filter
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 23:04:05 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04803 seconds