openmolecules.org

Home » DataWarrior » Functionality » Merging files error (How to resolve error)
Merging files error [message #863] Wed, 22 April 2020 00:21
Adk2020 is currently offline  Adk2020
Hello again,

Not sure why my original and first post is not showing. So i'll try it again. Being new to data warrior and this messaging board my goal is to become well versed in its power to visualize data for streamlining analysis and group presentations.

My first question involves the use of the merge file option. I am trying to merge two sets of data
- one data file represents the initial primary screen, the other the confirmation (hit confirmation of the original primary screen - within these files are columns highlighting molecular name, structure , smiles, Tm values, electrophile type etc. The goal of this exercise is to find out what makes a hit verse a non hit based on the electrophile type to better understand how molecular composition affects binding and generate the corresponding file.

Unfortunately, when I try to merge the files I receive a "source column not defined" error message (see attached file). I am not sure what this means being a novice, but I see no difference in the files - both are csv. As you can see, I've set the merge key to assign the molecular name between files and the rest of the merge options to append except for the smiles

What is the source of this error with respect to the files and how do I go about correcting this error and what else should I be aware of when merging files in general?

Thank you for your time and consideration.
Sincerely,
Frank
Previous Topic: Neighbor_Tree_plot
Next Topic: Merging files error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 13:46:33 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04495 seconds