openmolecules.org

Home » DataWarrior » Functionality » Exporting Mean Values to a text file
Exporting Mean Values to a text file [message #822] Sun, 22 March 2020 17:35 Go to next message
ELFritzen is currently offline  ELFritzen
I have a number of cells in a Datawarrior file that I have configured to display a series of numbers as the mean value and not all values. Is it possible to export or "save as special" only the mean values to a text file. If I do this now, the text file contains all the values with tabs and other formatting characters. This causes problems if opened in a spreadsheet. From what I see in Datawarrior, I can understand why this might not be possible to do, but I thought I would ask.

Thanks,
Ed Fritzen

Ed Fritzen
Re: Exporting Mean Values to a text file [message #828 is a reply to message #822] Tue, 24 March 2020 16:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thomas is currently offline  thomas
Ed, you could use 'Add Calculated Values...' to convert a mean value column into a new one. The formular to use would be very simple: just the variable referring to the old column. When copy/pasting or text-saving, the new column just contains the mean value. You may create a macro, if you do that more often with multiple columns from a file with the same structure.

Thomas
Re: Exporting Mean Values to a text file [message #854 is a reply to message #828] Tue, 14 April 2020 17:13 Go to previous message
ELFritzen is currently offline  ELFritzen
Thanks, Thomas.

That works well.

Ed

Ed Fritzen
Previous Topic: Links to documents for each cell
Next Topic: Hiding Selected or Unselected Rows
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:08:54 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.08761 seconds