openmolecules.org

Home » DataWarrior » Functionality » Duplicate Molecules
Duplicate Molecules [message #792] Mon, 02 March 2020 00:30 Go to next message
sbembenek18 is currently offline  sbembenek18
Before loading an SDF file into DW, I remove duplicate molecules via canonical smiles. However, in DW, when I do: Data->Merge Equivalent Rows->Structure, DW still says there's duplicates -- I am unclear as to how this is possible.
Re: Duplicate Molecules [message #797 is a reply to message #792] Mon, 02 March 2020 18:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thomas is currently offline  thomas
This would mean that two different canonical SMILES are considered the same structure by DataWarrior. I cannot perceive of a reason for that. If you delete all unique rows from your file, then you retain all these cases. If you can send me some of them, I may have a more detailed explanation.
Re: Duplicate Molecules [message #801 is a reply to message #797] Wed, 04 March 2020 21:18 Go to previous message
sbembenek18 is currently offline  sbembenek18
I see what it is now. I have molecules where nitrogen might be considered a stereocenter. So, whereas the program that wrote the SDF considers that there are distinct stereoisomers, DW does not. I think this is consistent with the challenges of assessing this for these molecules.
Previous Topic: Hyperlinks
Next Topic: New feature request: Autosave
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 14:28:09 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.06904 seconds