openmolecules.org

Home » DataWarrior » Functionality » Set 3D View Alignment
Set 3D View Alignment [message #665] Fri, 11 October 2019 19:03 Go to next message
sbembenek18 is currently offline  sbembenek18
After orientating a given 3D molecule in the 3D viewer, is it then possible to fix this orientation and have the rest of the molecules use it as well?

My scenario is that I often look at compounds that have been docked, and so they have the protein as the common reference frame and these are the 3D coordinates that are imported into DW. In essence, they have the alignment I want, I simply want to reorientate the 3D view and have it unchanged as I scroll through the molecules.

Scott
Re: Set 3D View Alignment [message #667 is a reply to message #665] Fri, 11 October 2019 19:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thomas is currently offline  thomas
Currently, this is not possible. However, I hope to add an option soon that would allow to display and superpose the conformer of the 'current row' (the one with the red frame) to all other rows. In this context, it would make sense to also provide an option to synchronize rotation & translation of all rows with the 'current row'. One way of solving it would be to remember the rotation/translation state of the 'current row' whenever it is updated and apply that to any other row as soon as it is displayed. I will give it a try...

Thomas
Re: Set 3D View Alignment [message #668 is a reply to message #667] Fri, 11 October 2019 20:25 Go to previous message
sbembenek18 is currently offline  sbembenek18
That would be very cool --thanks!
Previous Topic: Conformers and xyz
Next Topic: Change 2D Axes Range
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 13:49:51 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.06978 seconds