openmolecules.org

Home » DataWarrior » Functionality » Retrieve Data from SQL database (How to access MS SQL Server)
Retrieve Data from SQL database [message #599] Mon, 15 July 2019 16:27 Go to next message
alienke is currently offline  alienke
Hi Thomas,

first and foremost: compliments for including a SQL interface. Connection with MySQL works perfect. How can I access MS SQL Server. I tried various connection strings and always get the same error message.

Do I need special drivers?
Do I need to use a sideway?

Best wishes

Achim
Re: Retrieve Data from SQL database [message #600 is a reply to message #599] Tue, 23 July 2019 17:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thomas is currently offline  thomas
Hi Achim,

the current and official DataWarrior 5.0.0 does not support SQL-Server nor PostgreSQL.
However, I have built support for both database engines into the current development
version, which you may download as zip-file containing 4 files, which you need to replace
in the official installation. The links are for Windows: openmolecules.org/datawarrior/dw500win.zip
and for Linux/Mac: openmolecules.org/datawarrior/dw500x.zip

Since I don't have access to a SQL-Server not a PostgreSQL database, I could not test it
and would be grateful, if anybody you would let me know, whether it works.

There are some other bug fixes and new functionality coming with that version, e.g. the generation
of random molecules or predicting missing values from chemical structures using machine learning approaches. This functionality is not described in the manual, but is rather straight forward.

Enjoy, Thomas

[Updated on: Wed, 24 July 2019 21:23]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Retrieve Data from SQL database [message #607 is a reply to message #600] Wed, 14 August 2019 20:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
will is currently offline  will
Thanks so much for this. Like the original poster, I had the same question. I followed your instructions and it worked nicely. I was then going to make a macro to pull from a database but I noticed that it showed up as an unknown task and the macro editor did not have an entry for grabbing data from a SQL database. Is this true?

Thanks!
Re: Retrieve Data from SQL database [message #612 is a reply to message #607] Sat, 24 August 2019 00:11 Go to previous message
thomas is currently offline  thomas
Sorry for that. I have overlooked something. This should now be fixed in the dw500 update files.
Previous Topic: export jpg/png file from SDF file with datawarrior from command line
Next Topic: Toggle-off absolute configuration while determining Murcko scaffold
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:13:16 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.07972 seconds