openmolecules.org

Home » DataWarrior » Installation Issues » [Windows 10] Datawarrior cannot detect examplePlugin.jar (Plugin-SDK)
[Windows 10] Datawarrior cannot detect examplePlugin.jar [message #1765] Fri, 11 November 2022 04:23 Go to next message
haonan is currently offline  haonan
Hello!

I have successfully installed DataWarrior v5.5 on my office laptop. Now I want to create some custom plugin so I downloaded datawarriorPluginSDK1.0.zip on the website and place the examplePlugin.jar under the plugin folder. However, when I launch DataWarrior, there was no additional plugin option showing up under the "Database" tab.
I suspect the problem may come from the security policy setting, since I use the laptop from my company,I have to ask IT assitance to grant me full permission to the plugin folder in order to add the examplePlugin.jar. However, I cannot find anything suspicious with the security setting for the plugin folder and the plugin itself.
The other thing I suspect is that the software is installed in C:\Program Files (x86) folder. I have installed DataWarrior in C:\Program Files folder for my personal laptop (which is also Windows 10). In this case, DataWarrior can successfully recognize examplePlugin.jar in the plugin folder. So I wonder the installation path may be the problem?
Any suggestions?

Re: [Windows 10] Datawarrior cannot detect examplePlugin.jar [message #1766 is a reply to message #1765] Fri, 11 November 2022 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thomas is currently offline  thomas
You are right. DataWarrior is 64 bit and belongs into "C:\Program Files\DataWarrior". This is also, where the plugin folder and its content is expected. I suggest to use the 2.1 plugin sdk, which has a couple of new features. The download URL is the same, just replace '1.0' by '2.1'...
Re: [Windows 10] Datawarrior cannot detect examplePlugin.jar [message #1768 is a reply to message #1766] Fri, 11 November 2022 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haonan is currently offline  haonan
I reinstalled DataWarrior in C:\Program Files\DataWarrior and the problem got solved! Thanks Thomas! I will try out 2.1 plugin sdk as well. Very Happy
Re: [Windows 10] Datawarrior cannot detect examplePlugin.jar [message #1769 is a reply to message #1768] Sun, 13 November 2022 17:19 Go to previous message
thomas is currently offline  thomas
I forgot to mention that the plugin SDK2.1 requires the newest DataWarrior.exe (Windows) or datawarrior.jar (Mac & Linux, which can be downloaded as so-called development update from the regular download page. The links are in the small print after selecting 'read and understood'. If you intend to develop a plugin for the current official version 5.5.0, the you should stick to the SDK 1.0.
Previous Topic: MacOS Installation
Next Topic: Log4j
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 19:40:40 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03598 seconds