openmolecules.org

Home » DataWarrior » Installation Issues » Interest in a Mavenised form of the code?
Interest in a Mavenised form of the code? [message #1689] Wed, 20 July 2022 11:44 Go to next message
mjw99 is currently offline  mjw99
Hello,

I've managed to code a Mavenised fork of datawarrior. The CI on this via GitHub Actions also works; it builds automatically with every commit. This in turn, depends on a Mavenised fork of fxmolviewer that I have also created. I can't post the links due to limitations of the forum software, but they are under my github repo (mjw99).

Is there any interest in merging this? I think it will make building and CI easier.

I see that Actelion/openchemlib is Mavenised and this is wonderful to use with other projects via Maven Central.

Thanks,

Mark
Re: Interest in a Mavenised form of the code? [message #1690 is a reply to message #1689] Wed, 20 July 2022 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The repos are at:

https://github.com/mjw99/datawarrior
https://github.com/mjw99/fxmolviewer
Re: Interest in a Mavenised form of the code? [message #1691 is a reply to message #1689] Wed, 20 July 2022 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thomas is currently offline  thomas
Hello Mark,

thank you for your support. There is certainly a lot of interest, because Maven is a kind of de-facto standard. I personally don't have much experience in it, because I don't use Maven. I use simple shell scripts the old-fashioned way. Some of DataWarrior's dependencies are rather large jar files which I manually reduce substantially in size before adding them to the lib folder. Therefore, I would favor a dual option approach: offer both, a maven and a bash-script based build process as default options for the user to select from.

If you agree, lets merge the maven build into the original DataWarrior and FXMolviewer projects. I would give you access. We can discuss that directly via VC or e-mail?!

Best wishes, Thomas
Re: Interest in a Mavenised form of the code? [message #1692 is a reply to message #1691] Wed, 20 July 2022 14:28 Go to previous message
Hello Thomas,

Thank you for the reply.
I can certainly help with this; my email is mjw@mjw.name.

Thanks,

Mark
Previous Topic: MacOS Installation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Aug 07 18:34:32 CEST 2022

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01629 seconds