openmolecules.org

Home » DataWarrior » Bug Reports » Problems with opening hyperlinks under Linux
Problems with opening hyperlinks under Linux [message #1552] Fri, 18 March 2022 10:39 Go to next message
vaitkus is currently offline  vaitkus
I have noticed an issue relating to the way DataWarrior handles hyperlinks and was wondering if others can reproduce it on their machines. The described behaviour was observed with DataWarrior 5.5 on Ubuntu 20.04 and Linux Mint 20.3 with Firefox 98.0.1 as the main browser.

Firstly, hyperlinks in DataWarrior open only if an instance of Firefox is not already running. For example, clicking on "Help -> Open Forum in Browser" silently fails to open this forum if Firefox is already running, but manages to open it if Firefox is closed. What is more, in the latter case, Firefox opens with an indication that the program had previously crashed and the previous session needs to be restored. Doing so, spawns two separate Firefox windows -- one with the previous session and one with the forum webpage. The same behaviour can be reproduced with hyperlinks that appear in other contexts, e.g. when trying to open the Wikipedia pages from the table generated using the "Retrieve Wikipedia molecules" command.

I was wondering if this manifests under different OS+browser combinations as well. Also, maybe somebody has run into this problem before and found a workaround (e.g. by tweaking some security permissions, etc.)?
Re: Problems with opening hyperlinks under Linux [message #1581 is a reply to message #1552] Tue, 05 April 2022 18:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thomas is currently offline  thomas
Many thanks. I have updated the code to open a URL on Linux from an old legacy- and Firefox-only-method. Now it uses the Desktop-API, which should be straightforward and working on all platforms the same way. It will be deployed before the weekend in the dev version.
Re: Problems with opening hyperlinks under Linux [message #1606 is a reply to message #1581] Mon, 09 May 2022 22:40 Go to previous message
vaitkus is currently offline  vaitkus
Thank you for the update. I have tested the latest version (e8efa7b) from the GitHub repo and it now works great.
Previous Topic: Stereoisomers conformer generation and Inchikeys
Next Topic: Hyperlinks that contain a semicolon get split in two
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 13:18:42 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03502 seconds