openmolecules.org

Home » DataWarrior » Bug Reports » partially defunct marker transparency
partially defunct marker transparency [message #1540] Sat, 12 March 2022 16:27 Go to next message
nbehrnd is currently offline  nbehrnd
Dear Thomas,

when constructing a whisker plot, the presence of multiple data points in close proximity may be indicated by an adjusted transparency of the markers (wrench symbol -> Set Marker Transparency). It is possible to decouple the markers' transparency within the whisker from e.g., an additional label/structure formula. Then, the later remains intelligible as they may be adjusted independently of each other.

Well, so I thought until moving the slide ruler about the connector line. (Interestingly, label and connector vanish in sync with the marker in the default set up where these parameters are coupled together.) The observation applies both to the display of the diagram to the screen, and its export as print to .pdf.

/forum/index.php?t=getfile&id=534&private=0

It is possible to adjust the labels' connector line to a specific point of each whisker (wrench symbol -> Set Marker Level). Three of the four defaults suggested are understood quickly; so far, I was not successful to identify how DW defines «magic» as the fourth. How does this work?

/forum/index.php?t=getfile&id=535&private=0

The MWE attached below was generated with DW 5.5.0 for Linux in Linux Debian 12/bookworm (branch testing) including the development update packaged by 2022-02-19.

With best regards,

Norwid
Re: partially defunct marker transparency [message #1586 is a reply to message #1540] Thu, 07 April 2022 13:30 Go to previous message
thomas is currently offline  thomas
Dear Norwid,

the connection line transparency refers to connection lines between markers, not to connection lines between markers and labels. Nevertheless, the handling was not correct, since when transparencies were decoupled, then the label connection line was not reflecting label transparency. This is now fixed and will be deployed soon.

The logic behind 'magic' I forgot myself. I will look it up and also add some explanation to the manual.

Best wishes,

Thomas
Previous Topic: text export from DW with one tab more than needed
Next Topic: Stereoisomers conformer generation and Inchikeys
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:31:25 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.08591 seconds