openmolecules.org

Home » DataWarrior » Functionality » Opening a .csv file (Troubles to open .csv file)
Opening a .csv file [message #1525] Fri, 04 March 2022 10:41 Go to next message
gdeutsch is currently offline  gdeutsch
I am trying to open .csv files, but each time the data appears in one single column instead of being splitted in multiple columns. I have seen online that the right way to do it is "Open Special" ==> "Text file", but I cannot seem to fine this option...

Datawarrior version : 5.5.0

Could anyone guide me please ?
Re: Opening a .csv file [message #1529 is a reply to message #1525] Sat, 05 March 2022 18:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nbehrnd is currently offline  nbehrnd
DataWarrior anticipates the columns in a .csv to be separated by a comma. Other characters occasionally seen in .csv as a separator (e.g., explicit space(s), semi-colon) indeed yield columns to coalesce into one when reading the input file with either File -> Open, or the shorthand Ctrl + O.

Check if the program generating the .csv allows an export with columns separated by a comma while representing floating numbers with a decimal point.

If this isn't adjustable, identify in your text editor of choice (it needn't be a word processor) a «find and replace» function to perform an adjustment in the intermediate form of the .csv before it is read by DataWarrior. In case real numbers originally are represented with a comma, substitute these by a period/full stop in first place; and then substitute our column separator by a comma.

Note, this form of data input converts the first line of the .csv as header of DataWarrior's spread sheet.

Norwid
Re: Opening a .csv file [message #1533 is a reply to message #1529] Mon, 07 March 2022 15:42 Go to previous message
gdeutsch is currently offline  gdeutsch
Thank you very much for your help !
It is hugely appreciated !
Previous Topic: Became enamine database a sub-set of chemspace?
Next Topic: Functionality request: MPO score
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 10:15:19 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03860 seconds