openmolecules.org

Home » DataWarrior » Cheminformatics » 3-D structures vs descriptors
3-D structures vs descriptors [message #1459] Tue, 04 January 2022 15:13 Go to next message
Christophe is currently offline  Christophe
Hello everyone,

I am a new user of DataWarrior and I really enjoy it, so many thanks for providing the scientist community with such an advanced tool.

Question: Is generating conformers from 2D structures, or smiles, a prerequisite in the calculation of molecular descriptors such as skelspheres or flexophores or can we do without it? More precisely, If I want to run a similarity/Activity cliff analysis for example, do I need first to compute optimized 3D structures from my 2D .sdf file?

Thanks a lot
All the best
C.
Re: 3-D structures vs descriptors [message #1469 is a reply to message #1459] Tue, 11 January 2022 17:00 Go to previous message
thomas is currently offline  thomas
Hallo Christophe,

you don't need conformers for any of the descriptors or any descriptor based calculations. The only descriptor that needs 3D-structures is the flexophore, but it generates them internally. Typically, if a functionality requires 3D-atom-coords, which are not there,then it will show a dialog asking you to generate conformers.

Thomas
Previous Topic: Integration with KNIME or Python
Next Topic: LE, LLE & LELP
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 13:51:45 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.06838 seconds