openmolecules.org

Home » DataWarrior » Functionality » Embedded data
Embedded data [message #1432] Wed, 03 November 2021 00:12 Go to next message
GiangLe is currently offline  GiangLe
Hi all,
Just wonder if anyone could point me to a way to attach an image or pdf file to an entry?

I'm looking to add LCMS spectra to some compounds, and it seems that this could be done as embedded data ("Table with green detail markers indicating file-embedded detail text and pictures"). I have looked through the manual, but haven't found the way to embed data.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Giang
Re: Embedded data [message #1434 is a reply to message #1432] Thu, 04 November 2021 15:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andrew0
Hi Giang,

Like adding hyperlinks to data, it seems that adding images is a "possible, but not through the GUI" feature of DataWarrior. Thomas has a detailed post describing the procedure: https://openmolecules.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=306 &&srch=image#msg_306

Hope that helps!
Andrew
Re: Embedded data [message #1436 is a reply to message #1434] Thu, 04 November 2021 21:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GiangLe is currently offline  GiangLe
Thanks Andrew.
That's very useful. I'll give it a go.
Giang
Re: Embedded data [message #1437 is a reply to message #1436] Fri, 05 November 2021 08:37 Go to previous message
thomas is currently offline  thomas
Hi Giang,

you could also define a column to contain URLs or parts of an URL, e.g. a name, if an URL exists that allows lookup of the name. DataWarrior uses this mechanism for Googlepatent search results and for the Wikipedia compund list. If you do that, you have a column that contains complete URLs or just names as clickable links. Once you click any, your default browser open the link. The mechanism is explained in https://openmolecules.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=729 &&srch=url#msg_729

Older DataWarrior (before 550) don't display links as clickable link (blue and underlined once the mouse pointer is over it), but they still can be opened with a right mouse click and 'Open ... in Web Browser'.

Thomas
Previous Topic: Enumerating Combinatorial Libraries
Next Topic: Printing Form View Window to PDF
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:12:34 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.08398 seconds