openmolecules.org

Home » Web-based Tools » WebReactions » No response from server (Web reaction search - "No response from server")
No response from server [message #331] Thu, 26 April 2018 11:27 Go to next message
c.blencowe is currently offline  c.blencowe
Hi Thomas

Great site and good job! I'd found it a year or so back and used it successfully to do some reaction searching. I've come back again recently (with updated java, version # 8, build 161) but trying to do some reaction searching gives me an error from the java applet "No response from server", and was wondering if I could get some advice, please?

Presumably, it's my version of java? or IE (IE11, version 11.0.9600.18977)?

Thanks in advance
Re: No response from server [message #334 is a reply to message #331] Thu, 26 April 2018 21:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thomas is currently offline  thomas
Dear c.blencowe,

you didn't do anything wrong. Since Java applets are almost not supported by modern browsers anymore, my applets on the openmolecules.org site were less and less used. In addition I had a server crash with harddisk failure last year. When I rebuilt the services, I simply didn't reinstall and start the webreactions service, because I had a lot to do with the forum. Finally, I forgot about webreactions and nobody ever complained.

Nevertheless, I have restarted the server now. In order to address the applet issue, I have also created a client application that works independent of any browser. Just download the attached jar file and double click it. Provided that you have a working Java runtime installed, the webreactions client starts then immediately in a new window and lets you draw a reaction and search the server database. There are no browser related applet issues anymore.

If more people are interested, I may focus more on reactions, add reaction search into DataWarrior and potentially work on synthesis planning...

Hope this helps,

Thomas
  • Attachment: wro_app.jar
    (Size: 78.85KB, Downloaded 680 times)
Re: No response from server [message #1351 is a reply to message #331] Thu, 22 July 2021 20:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ndandu is currently offline  ndandu
Hi Thomas,

Can you please help me by resolving this issue? I am trying to use this tool but not successful. It keeps telling me "no response from server".

Thank you so much,
Naveen
Re: No response from server [message #1363 is a reply to message #1351] Thu, 29 July 2021 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry Naveen, there are not many people, who use this service anymore and I have missed it, when moving to a new server. I have reinstalled and started the server engine. I also had to make a small client update. Please download the application again. Then it should work again...

Thomas
Re: No response from server [message #1366 is a reply to message #1363] Thu, 05 August 2021 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tsjchemist is currently offline  tsjchemist
Hi Thomas,

You have developed some amazing tools. Thank you! I am trying to use the web reactions tool as well but I am also getting the "No Response from server" even when checking the tutorial reaction. C(C=O)C + O=CCC => CC(=O)CC(O)CC.
Re: No response from server [message #1378 is a reply to message #1366] Thu, 19 August 2021 20:36 Go to previous message
Hi tsjchemist,

do you use the latest client update from after July 29? The server URL changed and the change is reflected in that app? I just tested on my side and it works well.

Thomas
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 23:08:45 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.08424 seconds