openmolecules.org

Home » DataWarrior » Functionality » freeze columns, free sorting of rows (freeze front columns, free sorting of rows.)
freeze columns, free sorting of rows [message #1274] Thu, 29 April 2021 14:26 Go to next message
Christian is currently offline  Christian
First of all, I like to congratulate and thank a lot the developers of this amazing software and making it available open source!
I think it has been asked by another user before, it would be very useful in my eyes to have a functionality allowing for freezing selected first columns on the left.
I am aware about the possibility to generate column groups but it's much easier to e.g. see structures with some basic data on the left and scroll for data of interest.

Freezing rows in my eyes is not essential as the title row is always displayed by default, although an application could be to freeze a few lines with selected reference compounds for comparison. An amazing feature would be allowing for freely dragging rows of choice - even possible to save as row groups with flexible sequence? With such a functionality, I could envisage using DataWarrior for entering virtual design compounds in a context of a design set with molecules that have been already prepared as reference points.
Best,
Christian
Re: freeze columns, free sorting of rows [message #1286 is a reply to message #1274] Tue, 11 May 2021 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thomas is currently offline  thomas
First please accept my apologies for answered with such a delay and thank you for the suggestions. Unfortunately, developing the functionality to freeze one or more columns would be a significant effort, because the underlying Java JTable does not know that functionality. Thus, I have put it into my list of future enhancements, but I cannot promise to have a quick solution for it. A possible solution might be to allow a second table view, maybe even with synchronized column visibility and horizontal scroll state.

The same applies to row freezing, but there is more existing functionality, that handles row grouping, sorting and visibility and therefore may serve as work arounds. E.g. clicking a table header with pressed 'Shift' key still sorts the table on the clicked column's values, but at the same time moves all selected records (also sorted) to the top of the table. Individual/selected rows can be added or removed from row lists and list filters.

Best wishes,

Thomas
Re: freeze columns, free sorting of rows [message #1291 is a reply to message #1286] Fri, 14 May 2021 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian is currently offline  Christian
That's a really cool idea!
Is it possible already with the current version to have two tables open and synchronize their views? I found it possible to display and synchronize various charts but couldn't display simultaneously various tables.
Thanks,
Christian
Re: freeze columns, free sorting of rows [message #1302 is a reply to message #1291] Mon, 24 May 2021 12:17 Go to previous message
thomas is currently offline  thomas
No, currently, there can be only one table view.
Previous Topic: keep sequence of row list
Next Topic: Reaction enumeration with aromaticity
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 20:17:55 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.08359 seconds