openmolecules.org

Home » DataWarrior » Functionality » Column Resorting Tool (Resort Columns in a Dialog Box)
Column Resorting Tool [message #1157] Fri, 04 December 2020 10:05 Go to next message
richards99 is currently offline  richards99
Hi,
When you have a table with lots of Columns, it would be much quicker if it was possible to resort the Column Names in a dialog box where you can just drag the column names up and down with options to move selected column name to top for instance to save time, instead of having to drag column header names left and right.
Dragging column names left and right can take a long time when you have >100 columns.

Thanks,

Simon.
Re: Column Resorting Tool [message #1166 is a reply to message #1157] Sun, 06 December 2020 23:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thomas is currently offline  thomas
thank you Simon for the suggestion. The new worldfactbook file has more than 200 columns and reshuffeling used to be indeed very cumbersome. I have added a new item in the popup menu on the table view's title bar: 'Change Column Order...'. This opens a dialog with a list of all displayable column names, which can be rearranged with drag&drop. Another rather new functionality also helps in handling many columns: the definition of column groups, which can be used to temporarily show only columns that belong to a specific group. In addition the column filter (spy glass) now allows to use ',' to separate multiple entries and it allows defining a regex, when the column filter input starts with 'regex:'.

These changes are downloable now as dev update from the download page. Download links are in the small print after accepting the 'Read and understood' checkbox.

Thomas
Re: Column Resorting Tool [message #1172 is a reply to message #1166] Thu, 10 December 2020 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
richards99 is currently offline  richards99
Did the dev update get published, I downloaded it for the Mac, and put it into the Contents/Java folder to replace the older Dev update I had, but I can not notice any changes.
Thanks,

Simon.
Re: Column Resorting Tool [message #1173 is a reply to message #1172] Sun, 13 December 2020 16:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thomas is currently offline  thomas
yes, it should have been in the dev update. On Dec,11 there was another update, which beside other changes incudes a help update of the table view section that shows both table popup menus, the one from the table view header (blue bar with view name 'Table View'Wink and the one accessible from table column titles. The 'Change Column Order...' task is in the first.
Re: Column Resorting Tool [message #1190 is a reply to message #1173] Thu, 14 January 2021 07:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sbembenek18 is currently offline  sbembenek18
I downloaded the linux version but am not seeing the changes for column grouping & resorting -- can you point be towards the link, just to be sure. thanks.

Re: Column Resorting Tool [message #1191 is a reply to message #1190] Tue, 19 January 2021 09:03 Go to previous message
nbehrnd is currently offline  nbehrnd
At present (Tuesday, January 19th), the development versions of DataWarrior are
available either at
http://www.openmolecules.org/datawarrior/dw521win.zip (about Windows), or
http://www.openmolecules.org/datawarrior/dw521x.zip (about Linux and MacOS).

According to internal timestamps, these archives represent work up to January 15th.

Norwid
Previous Topic: Molecules representative within a cluster
Next Topic: Column Order
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:10:30 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.08214 seconds