openmolecules.org

Home » DataWarrior » Functionality » Question about the selection on scatter plot and trees (Just curious about the implementation and name for the selection)
Question about the selection on scatter plot and trees [message #99] Sat, 22 August 2015 03:58 Go to next message
ajing is currently offline  ajing
The selection of multiple nodes in a figure is very flexible in DataWarrior. It can select a region without predefined shape. I was wondering what the name is for such flexible selection. Does it have any implementation in JavaScript also?

Re: Question about the selection on scatter plot and trees [message #100 is a reply to message #99] Sun, 23 August 2015 14:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thomas is currently offline  thomas
The selection is row based. Every row has a selection flag, which defines, whether the row is selected or not. All views share this selection, i.e. they show the same rows selected. If the selection is changed from one view, all other views are informed and update the selection display accordingly. The selection is part of the data model and the concept used is called model-view-controller pattern, but this is pretty standard. About similar implementations in JavaScript I don't know. Java, which DataWarrior is developed in, and JavaScript are entirely different worlds. Hope, this answers the question, Thomas.
Re: Question about the selection on scatter plot and trees [message #101 is a reply to message #100] Sun, 23 August 2015 16:13 Go to previous message
ajing is currently offline  ajing
Yes, the selection is row based. But for a plot, like scatter plot or similarity network plot, the user could use the mouse to select a region with no shape. I have the figure attached also. Is that also already implemented in Java?
  • Attachment: selection.png
    (Size: 70.01KB, Downloaded 709 times)
Previous Topic: UI suggestions for Table and Form views
Next Topic: how to associate detail information
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 23:23:12 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.08323 seconds