openmolecules.org

Home » DataWarrior » Functionality » Retrieve data from SQL database (Can we use any SQL database ?)
Retrieve data from SQL database [message #2158] Fri, 12 April 2024 12:47 Go to next message
sylvain.guilbaud is currently offline  sylvain.guilbaud
Hello,
while trying to retrieve data from SQL databases, I'm able to make it work with MySQL, but not with InterSystems IRIS (ie : intersystems-community.github.io/iris-driver-distribution/).

Could you please drive me on how to add a new JDBC Driver to Data Warrior ?

Thanks
Re: Retrieve data from SQL database [message #2190 is a reply to message #2158] Sun, 12 May 2024 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thomas is currently offline  thomas
you would need to add the driver into the class path. On Linux or Mac, you could extend the class path easily in Info.plist or th datawarrior launch script. On Windows this is more difficult. On Windows you could merge the driver into the newest datawarrior_xxx.jar. Or you could patch the exe, which contains the class path.

Then you would need to adapt the method "openConnection()" in class com.actelion.research.datawarrior.task.db.DETaskSQLQuery to properly initialize your driver if the connect string starts with the proper key word.

Thus, if you can compile the DataWarrior source code, and if you run on a non-Windows platform, you can do it for yourself. Otherwise, it is not possible, currently.
Re: Retrieve data from SQL database [message #2213 is a reply to message #2190] Fri, 24 May 2024 11:35 Go to previous message
sylvain.guilbaud is currently offline  sylvain.guilbaud
Hi Thomas,
many thanks for your reply.
I clearly need more information regarding which additional information I need to put into the Info.plist file.
Could your bring me more details on how to proceed ?
Previous Topic: how to reset the 3D window
Next Topic: How to customize Merge Equivalent Rows
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 03 05:41:15 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02864 seconds