openmolecules.org

Home » DataWarrior » Bug Reports » Bizarre behavior with macos Sonoma (menus are not active untill show splash page 2nd time)
Re: Bizarre behavior with macos Sonoma [message #2106 is a reply to message #2103] Sat, 20 January 2024 17:18 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
thomas is currently offline  thomas
Hi Greg,

coincidentally, I had the same effect yesterday on my Macbook Air M2 after playing around with XR-glasses connected to the USB-C port. They basically serve as a second monitor. Suddenly, the Macbook was in a state where the DataWarrior menu bar (except the left 'DataWarrior' menu) was not accepting mouse clicks. Cmd-Shortcuts, however, worked. And after using e.g. Cmd-O and 'Cancel' the menu was working. I rebooted and DataWarrior worked perfectly. Now, after reading your message, I tried to repeat all things I remember I have done yesterday, but I was unable to get the Macbook into that state again, where the menu refuses mouse input after launching DataWarrior. I assume that it is a Sonoma issue, because DataWarrior 6.0.0 crashes on Sonoma 14.1 when trying to put the menu bar to the top of the screen (instead of top of window). Apple seemed to have removed the OS calls that Java uses for that and brought them back with the Sonoma 14.2.1 update. Do you use multiple screens? And do you have the issue directly after restarting the Mac? Do you have other Java based applications that behave the same way?

Thomas

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: > and < signs not interpreted in 6.0.0
Next Topic: Enable to export to sdf format
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 03 13:31:07 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03082 seconds