openmolecules.org

Home » DataWarrior » Bug Reports » > and < signs not interpreted in 6.0.0
Re: > and < signs not interpreted in 6.0.0 [message #2105 is a reply to message #2102] Sat, 20 January 2024 15:02 Go to previous message
thomas is currently offline  thomas
To mcmc: DataWarrior 6.0.0 should be compatible with earlier versions regarding the interpretation of numbers with modifiers like '>2000'. I tested your example (>2000, 55.6, 20) which correctly recognized the column as numerical. Thus, I assume there is something else fishy. Which OS do you use? Possibly the OS localization setting has some influence. Do you use decimal points '.' or ','? If I can reprodice, I may be able to update the numerical recognition circumvent the problem.

To Norvid: Many thanks for your comments on this. I could reproduce your phenomenon with writing into the 'test_property' column instead of the 'Calculated' column. This happened when clicking 'overwrite' twice. When changing the overwrite setting, DataWarrior was adapting the target column setting in a strange way: when choosing to overwrite, it hanged the setting to an existing column ('test_property'Wink and when unchecking again, it was not updating the target column. It was also not perceiving that 'not to overwrite' an existing target column is not really compatible. I updated the behaviour to be more meaningful.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Change default structure copy option
Next Topic: Bizarre behavior with macos Sonoma
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 23 04:15:03 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03357 seconds