openmolecules.org

Home » DataWarrior » Installation Issues » RHEL 7x - DW 6x - Error on open
RHEL 7x - DW 6x - Error on open [message #2170] Tue, 23 April 2024 00:28 Go to next message
dallis11 is currently offline  dallis11
I am trying to install dw on an NFS resource - under /data/opt/datawarrior as opposed to /opt/datawarrior locally.

I have changed the ref's in the install files yet on open is giving "data warrior application cannot be found - /opt/datawarrior/datawarrior_all.jar.

My datawarrior file:

#!/bin/bash
DWJAR="/data/opt/datawarrior"
# increase -Xms and -Xmx options, if you have plenty of memory
# insert "-Ddpifactor=1.5" (without quotes) after -X options to manually define UI element scaling to 150% for HiDPI monitors
# insert " -Ddatapath=/home/username/data/datawarrior:/home/username/da ta/mydata " (without quotes) after -X options to define commonly used data directories
/data/opt/datawarrior/jre/bin/java -Xms4096m -Xmx512g -splash:/data/opt/datawarrior/loading.png --add-exports java.base/jdk.internal.module=ALL-UNNAMED -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -cp $DWJAR/datawarriorlauncher.jar:$DWJAR/capka.jar org.openmolecules.datawarrior.launcher.DataWarriorLauncher $*

Seems to be still looking under /opt as opposed to /data/opt. Is there somewhere else it could be looking? Thanks!
Re: RHEL 7x - DW 6x - Error on open [message #2175 is a reply to message #2170] Tue, 23 April 2024 22:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nbehrnd is currently offline  nbehrnd
Hello dallis,

while I have no experience with calling DW via a NFS, I set an alias in my `~/.bashrc` file, i.e.

```
alias dw="/opt/datawarrior/datawarrior"
```

to launch the program equally from the CLI by a brief `dw` (in Linux Debian). Could a similar link -- adjusted to the address of the executable in your setup -- work?

Norwid

[Updated on: Tue, 23 April 2024 22:59]

Report message to a moderator

Re: RHEL 7x - DW 6x - Error on open [message #2189 is a reply to message #2175] Sun, 12 May 2024 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thomas is currently offline  thomas
it is difficult to reliably figure out in a cross-platform way the file path of running jar within the running byte code. Therefore, DataWarrior uses hard coded installer paths, which should not be changed, because not only the datawarrior_all.jar and its automatic updates, but also all exmaple files, macros and plugins rely on this path.

I didn't try, but possibly a link at /opt/datawarrior that points to /data/opt/datawarrior could work?!
Re: RHEL 7x - DW 6x - Error on open [message #2304 is a reply to message #2170] Tue, 17 September 2024 16:29 Go to previous message
ak_dev is currently offline  ak_dev
Hello User,

I am facing simmilar problem while installing DW v6.1.0 at my desired location instead of pre-defined path /opt/datawarrior/ but got no success. Can you please tell me if your are able to install it and resolve the path problem? If yes, can you please help me with the approach or steps taken to install it?

Thanks.
Previous Topic: Issue in Installing DataWarrior v6.1.0 on NFS file system
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 00:07:51 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03220 seconds