openmolecules.org

Home » DataWarrior » Installation Issues » Data Warrior not functional after install (Can't open DW after install)
Data Warrior not functional after install [message #2277] Wed, 14 August 2024 18:02 Go to next message
cjoalmann@yahoo.com is currently offline  cjoalmann@yahoo.com
I can download and install DW successfully. When I open DW a banner appears that I can't get rid of and prevents me from using DW. Banner appears to be an add for enamine real space, alpherion hyperspace, chemspace and freedomspace.

Re: Data Warrior not functional after install [message #2278 is a reply to message #2277] Wed, 14 August 2024 19:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thomas is currently offline  thomas
try clicking it with the mouse or clicking the close button...
Re: Data Warrior not functional after install [message #2283 is a reply to message #2278] Mon, 19 August 2024 20:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cjoalmann@yahoo.com is currently offline  cjoalmann@yahoo.com
Hi Thomas,

I did both but nothing is functional. If I open a DW file I can see that the data in uploaded but I still can't get past the add banner! Kind of driving me crazy!!!

Chris
Re: Data Warrior not functional after install [message #2285 is a reply to message #2283] Wed, 21 August 2024 16:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aconibear is currently offline  aconibear
Hi Thomas

I have the same issue as above, is there a way to fix this?

Best,
Alex
Re: Data Warrior not functional after install [message #2290 is a reply to message #2285] Sun, 25 August 2024 10:42 Go to previous message
thomas is currently offline  thomas
Hi Alex,

most people don't have an issue and I don't have an explanation, the add doesn't close. Which OS do you use? Dis you try running DataWarrior from the command line and do you get any messages?

What you could try is to update manually:
- download an up-to-date datawarrior jar file, Currently, the newest is v06.02.03, which you can get with this URL:
openmolecules.org/datawarrior/update/datawarrior_v06.02.03.j ar
- Normally this would go into the 'update' folder, which is in a different location for every platform and it is not there,
if DataWarrior never updated before, e.g. in your case. Therefore, I recommend to rename the file to 'datawarrior_all.jar'
and put it into the datawarrior installation folder, where it replaces the original file with that name.

After the update you can also use the 'ESC' button to close messages and apps. If you cannot close the message after the
update using 'ESC', then something outside DataWarrior must be preventing it e.g. by not allowing mouse or keyboard input to reach the program. In that case please let me know, whether starting from the command line produces any error messages...

Hope this helps...
Previous Topic: Issue in Installing DataWarrior v6.1.0 on NFS file system
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Sep 01 07:10:10 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04334 seconds