openmolecules.org

Home » DataWarrior » Installation Issues » Issue in Installing DataWarrior v6.1.0 on NFS file system (Issue in installing DataWarrior v6.1.0 on NFS file system without /opt/datawarrior/ directory. )
Issue in Installing DataWarrior v6.1.0 on NFS file system [message #2236] Fri, 12 July 2024 16:11 Go to next message
ak_dev is currently offline  ak_dev
I am trying to install DataWarrior v6.1.0 on NFS file system which will be available across various linux workstation and users. Is there any way in which we can install it without /opt/datawarrior/ directory. Or is there any Portable version of DataWarrior for v6.1.0 or for some other versions of DataWarrior which is suitable for my used case and can be installed without /opt/datawarrior/?

Thanks
Re: Issue in Installing DataWarrior v6.1.0 on NFS file system [message #2237 is a reply to message #2236] Fri, 12 July 2024 19:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thomas is currently offline  thomas
Starting DataWarrior for Linux from a remote shared drive is possible, but requires a few adaptions
that make sure that the following things are done correctly or work as intended:

- mime type registration
- application and document icon support
- automaticly launching DataWarrior when document icons are double clicked
- automaticly launching DataWarrior when custom URI in a web page is clicked
- DataWarrior needs to find the directories for example files, macros, etc.
- Update download works usually on individual machines. You probably want to
tweak the mechanism to also load update files from the server, I assume.

For proper installation I think that you still need to run a script locally to
copy the desktop file, icon files, the start script, and update the desktop database.

You can adapt the start script to launch java from you share and to load the
datawarriorlauncher from the share. You then need to add the -Drootpath=/yourshare/yourdir
option to the start script (that will work from version 6.2.2). This will
load all example files, macros, etc. from /yourshare/yourdir/<dirname>, where
dirname is 'example, macro, reference, tutorial, update', while update still needs
a special handling.

I suggest, if you are going for this, that we closely communicate and sort out
any issues that will arise. I would provide updates if needed to ensure a proper
user experience.

Thomas
Re: Issue in Installing DataWarrior v6.1.0 on NFS file system [message #2240 is a reply to message #2237] Wed, 17 July 2024 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ak_dev is currently offline  ak_dev
Hello Thomas,
Can you please let me know when you are planning to release Datawarrior v 6.2.2 that you have mentioned in your reply?
Thanks.
Re: Issue in Installing DataWarrior v6.1.0 on NFS file system [message #2245 is a reply to message #2240] Mon, 22 July 2024 16:29 Go to previous message
thomas is currently offline  thomas
My current guess is in the first days of August. If unexpected issues arise, possibly a little later.
Previous Topic: Issue in security check
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jul 27 18:53:09 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03311 seconds